Last Updated: May 9, 2020
BAYARD.STORE (hereinafter “we,” “us,” or “our”) owns and operates www.bayard.store, its affiliated websites and applications (our “Sites”), and provides related products, services, newsletters, and other offerings (together with the Sites, our “Services”) to art enthusiasts and fine collectors around the world. Please read our Terms and Conditions for detailed information about our Services and your legal obligations.
If after reading this Policy you have additional questions or would like further information, please contact us.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect and process personal data only for lawful reasons, such as our legitimate business interests, your consent, or to fulfill our legal or contractual obligations.
Information You Provide to Us
Most of the information we collect is provided by you voluntarily while using our Services. We do not request highly sensitive data, such as health or medical information, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or data concerning a person's sex life or sexual orientation, and we ask that you refrain from sending us any such information.
Here are the types of personal data that you voluntarily provide to us:
• Name, email address, and any other contact information that you provide by filling out our forms
• Billing information, such as credit card number and billing address
• Work or professional information, such as your company or job title
• Unique identifiers, such as username or password
• Demographic information, such as age, education, gender, interests, and ZIP code
• Details of transactions and preferences from your use of the Services
• Correspondence with other users, galleries, or auction houses that you send through our Services, as well as correspondence sent to BAYARD.STORE
You may ask BAYARD.STORE to
• retrieve emails sent to your business. BAYARD.STORE will access these emails to provide these services for you.
We use the personal data you provide to us for the following business purposes:
• Set up and administer your client account
• Provide and improve the Services, including displaying content based on your previous transactions and preferences
• Answer your inquiries and provide customer service
• Send you marketing communications about our Services, including our newsletters (please see the Your Rights/Opt-Out section below for how to opt-out of marketing communications)
• Post testimonials about our Services (only with your consent)
• Administer contests and events you entered
• Information Obtained from Third-Party Sources
BAYARD.STORE may obtain credit information about you from an outside credit reporting agency to help us with customer authentication and credit-related decisions.
We also collect and publish biographical and other information about artists, which we use to promote the artists and display their works on our Services. The information we collect about artists is provided by our clients, such as galleries and auction houses, and from publicly available sources.
If you provide personal information about others, or if others give us your information, BAYARD.STORE will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
Here are some notes about cookies:
Analytics and Advertising
BAYARD.STORE uses Google Analytics and other analytics companies to provide a web analytics service to our Sites. The information generated by your use of the Sites (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by analytics companies on servers in the United States. BAYARD.STORE will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Sites, compiling reports on website activity for website operators, and providing other services relating to Site activity and internet usage.
BAYARD.STORE also uses Google Analytics Demographics Reports and Remarketing to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show BAYARD.STORE ads on sites across the internet. BAYARD.STORE and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on past visits to the BAYARD.STORE Sites. You may opt-out of these cookies by visiting Google’s Advertising and Privacy page.
BAYARD.STORE uses your IP address to help diagnose server problems, and to administer our website. BAYARD.STORE uses your IP addresses to analyze trends and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Every time you access a BAYARD.STORE website, some data is temporarily stored and processed in a log file, such as your IP addresses, the browser types, the operating systems, the recalled page, or the date and time of the recall. This data is only evaluated for statistical purposes, such as to help us diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our sites, or to improve our Services.
We use Local Shared Objects, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Sites or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
Do Not Track
For more information on how to control or limit cookies and similar technologies, please see www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
BAYARD.STORE may share your personal data with third parties as follows:
• With service providers under contract to help provide the Services and assist us with our business operations (such as our direct marketing, payment processing, fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, and co-branded credit cards)
• As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
• When BAYARD.STORE believes in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect rights or safety, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
• If BAYARD.STORE is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets; in such a case, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the sites of any change in ownership or uses of your personal data, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal data
• With other users of the Services that you interact with to help you complete a transaction
• There may be other instances where we share your personal data with third parties based on your consent but you'll be always informed before we do so.
HOW WE STORE AND SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
BAYARD.STORE retains your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that BAYARD.STORE no longer use your personal data, contact us by phone call and we'll guide you into this processing. BAYARD.STORE will retain and use your personal data as necessary only to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
All information you provide is stored on a secure server and BAYARD.STORE follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal data we process both during transmission and once received. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% safe and secure nowadays. Absolute security of your information can never be guaranteed, and any transmission of data is at your own risk. If you have any questions about security on the BAYARD.STORE websites, contact us.
If you live in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), United Kingdom (“UK”), or Switzerland, you have certain rights regarding your personal data. As an example, you can edit your preferences in our newsletter Powered by Mailchimp to start to manage your opt-in and opt-out.
• You may request access to your personal data and obtain information about our processing of your personal data, with whom we share your personal data, and your rights
• You may request that we restrict our processing of your personal data
• You may object to our processing of your personal data
• Where we process personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent
• You may correct personal data that is inaccurate and have incomplete personal data completed.
• You may request that we delete your personal data or return or provide a copy of it to you.
• You may correct, update, amend, delete/remove, or deactivate your account and personal data by submitting the change by emailing BAYARD.STORE customer service.
BAYARD.STORE customer service is available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m. (Local Berlin Time). BAYARD.STORE will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
You may choose to stop receiving BAYARD.STORE newsletters or marketing emails at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in those communications, or you can contact us by a phone call to be guided for this. BAYARD.STORE posts customer testimonials only with the customer’s prior consent. If you wish to remove personal data that is being publicly displayed on our services, contact us.
If you live in the EEA, UK, or Switzerland, and you are unsatisfied with our response, you have the right to lodge a complaint regarding your personal data with applicable supervisory authority.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
NOTE TO PARENTS OR GUARDIANS
Our Services are not intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly or intentionally solicit data from or market to children under the age of 18. BAYARD.STORE reserves the right to delete the child’s information and the child’s registration on the Sites.
HOW TO CONTACT US
BAYARD.STORE is the controller of your personal data and determines the purposes and means by which such personal data is processed, subject to applicable law.
E-mail: info (at) bayard.store
Tel: +49 152 13 71 96 10